Edexcel is part of the Pearson Group, the UK’s largest awarding organization in education, which’s history began as long ago as 1836 when a royal charter gave the University of London its first powers to conduct exams and confer degrees on its students.
Edexcel itself was formed in 1996 by the merger of the Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC) and London Examinations (ULEAC), which initially administered GCSEs and A levels. London Examinations’ heritage stretched back, through several mergers of examinations boards, to the University of London Extension Boardfounded in 1902.
Edexcel is one of only 5 boards accredited by the government of UK to offer IGCSE’s and GCE’s in state-funded schools in the UK. Nowadays, Edexcel Board is present in over 110 countries worldwide providing Primary, Lower Secondary, GCE & IGCSE, as well as international AS & A (IAL) Level qualifications for schools.
These qualifications are recognized globally and enable the students to apply at universities around the world.
In India, Edexcel is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) which make its students eligible to apply to universities in India.
Advantages of Edexcel curriculum
The Edexcel curriculum is one of the most recognized qualifications around the world. Edexcel curriculum courses are renowned for developing vital educational skills, including the recall of knowledge, oral skills, problem-solving, initiative teamwork and investigative skills.
Edexcel Curriculum offers a flexible course of study that gives candidates the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them while providing them with a broad knowledge base and lifelong skills. This world-class curriculum is ‘student friendly’ and helps the students to ‘think out of the box’.
- Edexcel curriculum is recognized as a reliable record of attainment which counts towards entry to universities and colleges around the world.
- A good grade in Edexcel curriculum English as a Second Language is accepted for entry by almost all universities in the UK, Germany, Canada, and Australia as evidence of adequate competence in the English Language.
- Edexcel curriculum Science will help the students to develop scientific abilities and skills relevant to the study of science which will be of use in everyday life. Students will gain an awareness of the study and practice of science and will understand that scientific applications have both beneficial and detrimental effects on the individual and the environment.
- In India, Edexcel curriculum – IGCSE is accepted as equivalent to the 10th grade of other Indian boards and Edexcel is one of the approved boards and an associate member of COBSE (Council of boards of school education in India).
- In India, GCE – ‘O’ level and GCE – ‘A’ level of Edexcel is recognized by AIU (All India Universities) as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Board giving access to the bachelor degree programs at all Indian Universities
We provide international high standard curricula from the UK. International Primary and Lower Secondary Curriculum for grades Nurser to 8 from Edexcel, followed by S.S.C for grades 9 and 10.
At GLORIUM School, we focus on the development of logical and lateral thinking, on the student’s ability to analyze, discuss ideas and produce creative solutions to problems.
We are proud to prepare our students to adapt to a dynamic environment in constant evolution using supporting technologies and dynamic subject material.
Glorium School facilitates the development of self-confidence and self-expression through its innovative approach to teaching, small class sizes, and differentiated learning.
International Primary Curriculum (Grades 1 to 5, ages 6 – 11)
Subjects taught in Grades 1 – 5
- Computer Studies
International Lower Secondary Curriculum (Grades 6 to 8, ages 12 – 14)
Subjects taught in Grades 6–8
- Global Citizenship
- Combined Sciences
- Business Studies / Computer Studies
S.S.C CURRICULUM (Grades 9 & 10)
- Social Studies
Why do we offer this curriculum?
- It gives pupils a solid foundation for lifelong learning, with a structured curriculum that provides excellent preparation for eventual further study at local boards like S.S.C
- It offers a comprehensive, well-structured and up-to-date learning platform to ease the transition to secondary and upper secondary education.
- It is engaging and up to date, with ideas for lessons and a framework that allows you to embed knowledge creatively.
- It allows us to track pupils’ progress and identify barriers to learning through a variety of age-specific progress and achievement tests.
- It gives the school and its pupils a seamless and cohesive teaching and learning experience.